Results were predictable at the Self-Transcendence 2 mile Tjarnarhlaup on September 21
All went as expected at the Self-Transcendence 2 mile Tjarnarhlaup last Tuesday, on September 21st.
As subscription-winner Snatak Matthíasson was indisposed due to a sore throat, subscription-2nd place Andrés Ramón stepped up and achieved a confident victory at the time of 11:48.
Next after Andrés was Davíð Sigurgeirsson, for the second time in a row, and again by sneaking past Upajukta Ágústsson on the final metres.
The hightlight of the night, however, was that race-director Ganagane Stefánsson dusted off his tracksuit and joined the runners, while Snatak directed the race.
Naturally, the runners felt honoured and pleased by Ganagane's inclusion in the race and eagerly encouraged him to go faster.
Results (1-mile split time shown in brackets):
1. Andrés Ramón 11:48 (5:46)
2. Davíð Sigurgeirsson 14:37 (7:21)
3. Upajukta Ágústsson 14:42 (7:14)
4. Rúnar Páll Gígja 15:39 (7:38)
5. Ganagane Stefánsson 16:21 (8:11)
6. Ágúst Örn Márusson 16:30 (7:16)
7. Víðir Sigurðsson 18:14 (9:49)